Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Stick It!: 99 DIY Duct Tape Projects

click the title above to read the full review....


Stick It!: 99 DIY Duct Tape Projects

About the Book: Duct Tape: Dream designer material or simple adhesive used for binding purposes? Thanks to Stick It!, duct tape will become a valuable commodity in your house now that it can be coaxed into wacked-out wallets, wild wearables, punked-out paper goods, and funky jewelry that will bedazzle any outfit fit for all occasions! 

This invaluable guide—complete with folders and step-by-step directions—will lead you through 99 different craft projects so you’ll become your own ‘DT’ aficionado. Each project is leveled from: “Dude, my five-year-old sister could do that” to “Don’t even think about operating heavy machinery.” Told in an accessible “teen-speak” language hip tapesters will love, and reminiscent of Stitch ‘N Bitch and The Big Bad-Ass Book of Crafts, this book is appropriate for the new generation of cool and funky hand made craftsters. Read, unroll, and express your rockin’ self through creativity and, of course, duct tape!

Our Take:  The first time I encountered a Duct Tape wallet was in a little boutique. I was fascinated!  My father had always joked that anything could be fixed with Duct Tape, but I had always laughed at the idea.  Well, here was a wallet made completely of Duct Tape before my very eyes. How extraordinary!  I examined it and thought to myself "I'm not paying 40 dollars for this! I'll make it on my own with a 2 dollar roll of Duct Tape!"  I'm a DIY kind of girl, after all.

Well, here is an entire book with functional items made out of Duct Tape!  It has the wallet, which has now become a staple in most all the boutiques in my area, along with accessories, purses, and there is even a men's tie made of Duct Tape!  Everything from the very practical to the extremely eccentric.

I made my first wallet about 2 years ago and I was excited to have a reason to pull out my Duct Tape again!  After all I had bought nearly 10 different colors of it for wallet making.  I made several of the projects, like the necklaces, most of them were a quick make!  A book like this is always nice when you are a mother who doesn't have a lot of free time and want to make something quick!  Naturally some of them take a bit more time and more elbow grease but they are worth it for the amazing things you'll make!

-Holly, Book Legion
How to Buy: Amazon.com or Running Press

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

BookLegion.com Copyright © 2009-2013 The Legion Fan Network. DVD Legion is your home for DVD Reviews, Blu-Ray Reviews, DVD News and Blu-Ray News.
Visit the other sites in our network Legions of Gotham, Toy Legion, Ghostbusters Collector and Toy Story/Pixar Collector